For Dad
My dad is an incredible man. He was the main financial provider of our family and worked hard to keep food on our table. He ran a successful business from about the age of 25 until he retired and sold it at 65. We never did without the basics and always had love and fun. Even though there were 9 kids, I never felt cheated out of time with my parents or love. They both knew how to love each of us in the way we needed.
No our family is not perfect, far from it. But I always knew I was loved...even when I didn't get my way and swore my parents didn't love me and checked my birth certificate to make sure they really were my parents...pathetic huh?
My Dad is everyone's friend. Everyone loves him and thinks so highly of him. He will do anything for anyone and never complain. He kept us in line but allowed for mistakes and forgave us.
As I see my dad getting older I realize he is getting softer. He loves the grandkids coming around, he loves the hugs and kisses even more now and he sheds tears when he is happy. He accepts everyone for who they are. He may not understand them, but he accepts them. I see him caring for Mom and wow, she has a great man there. She was very good to him during their 50 years of wedded bliss (not all bliss I'm sure) and he is paying it forward to her now when she needs him the most. Unfortunately, Dad is stubborn and won't take any help from us. He won't take breaks from Mom and feels he can't have fun if she isn't. I have seen some of his sparkle fade but it's still in there, somewhere and I intend to help him, and mom, find their sparkle.
My husband is a lot like my dad. I have even been told they look alike...UH OH! They say a girl picks a man like her dad and I am thankful that my dad is the wonderful caring man he is.
Dad thank you for making me a better person. I love you!
No our family is not perfect, far from it. But I always knew I was loved...even when I didn't get my way and swore my parents didn't love me and checked my birth certificate to make sure they really were my parents...pathetic huh?
My Dad is everyone's friend. Everyone loves him and thinks so highly of him. He will do anything for anyone and never complain. He kept us in line but allowed for mistakes and forgave us.
As I see my dad getting older I realize he is getting softer. He loves the grandkids coming around, he loves the hugs and kisses even more now and he sheds tears when he is happy. He accepts everyone for who they are. He may not understand them, but he accepts them. I see him caring for Mom and wow, she has a great man there. She was very good to him during their 50 years of wedded bliss (not all bliss I'm sure) and he is paying it forward to her now when she needs him the most. Unfortunately, Dad is stubborn and won't take any help from us. He won't take breaks from Mom and feels he can't have fun if she isn't. I have seen some of his sparkle fade but it's still in there, somewhere and I intend to help him, and mom, find their sparkle.
My husband is a lot like my dad. I have even been told they look alike...UH OH! They say a girl picks a man like her dad and I am thankful that my dad is the wonderful caring man he is.
Dad thank you for making me a better person. I love you!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home