Friday, April 13, 2007

More of the Good, Bad and Ugly

Good: Had my first US and appt and things are going great! MonsterJr (MJ) is on target and his little heart is beating away at 129 and my BP was 100/60. I also lost 6 lbs! WTF...pregnancy is the BEST diet for me obviously! JD is obsessed w/the baby in mommy's belly but I know he doesn't get it. He tried to feed the baby chocolate via my belly button. LOL This appt also reminded me of all my friends and even strangers, that have yearned to have a family and haven't had that dream come true yet. Or the women I know (and the strangers) that lost a child. I wish I could make everyone of them women see and feel what a I experienced today. It breaks my heart that so many wonderful men and women won't have that experience. I'm sorry.

Bad: Mom is sick and in the hospital. They are in FL and she became lathargic and had a fever and my cousin had to call 911. Thank God my cousin was down there to support my dad. They ruled out UTI and kidney infection and today mom is more alert and no fever. This is good news but she will be in the hospital while they wait for the blood test results. Poor Dad and poor Mom. I told dad I was preg b/c I was hoping they could use some good news. He was thrilled and said he'd tell mom. They are officially grounded when they come home!!!

Ugly: Well this may sound awful but when I get worried and scared, my mind takes off. As an adult I knew my parents were getting older and of course would die eventually. Yes the thought makes me want to die but it is life. I think we all expect that our parents will die. I would never never expect my child to die...those 2 things can not be compared in my opinion. No parent should ever have to lose a child and I can't imagine the pain that parents who do lose a child must feel and what they go through. I know how blessed I am. I also know how blessed I am to have the large loving family that I have. So my horrid thoughts were this...OMG what would we do if one of them died while in FL! They wouldn't have any of their kids around and would have to deal w/that all on their own. I confessed to my one sister my fear and she agreed. She said that is why we must ground them immediately. Some how I don't think Dad would agree and Mom, well she would laugh and maybe say, "Oh shit! You can't live like that!". I see Dad agreeing w/Mom.

My family and my life are gifts. I am still trying to figure out why I am so blessed and I hope one day God will clue me in. Until then, I am off to bed to nurse my cold.

1 Comments:

Blogger nault's nook said...

just wanted to drop in and say I am sending your mom prayers...((HUGS))

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter