Here we go again...
I am afraid history is repeating itself but I am praying I am wrong. Let me go back in time a bit...
On December 1, 2000 my dad took my mom to the hospital against her will because she was sleeping for days and not eating. Turned out my mom had double viral pnuemonia and the outlook was not good. She was admitted into ICU and put into a drug induced coma so her body could rest and fight off the infection. It was horrid seeing my mom like that. My dad, aunt, 8 siblings and myself spent many nights at the hospital sitting by her side. At one point a Priest was called in because we feared this was it. I remember that my DH and I were dating at the time and I called him in a panick and told him it was not good and I needed him. Somehow he found us in a conference room, holding hands and praying. My wonderful DH joined me at my side and it was that moment I knew I loved him. The doctors came in and told us her stats were going up but she was not out of the woods. We continued to pray. Mom pulled through and came home on Christmas Eve. It was the best Christmas ever. My family is stronger because of this.
Last night I got the call. Dad went behind mom's back and called the doctor because mom was not acting right. He was instructed to get her to the ER. The admitted her for pneumonia...in one lung and very bad. They do not know if it is viral or bacterial yet. I am scared. I am sad. There is absolutely nothing I can do but sit and pray. I am sick myself and can't go near the hospital and this is tearing me up inside. I long to sit by my parents and hold their hands. I can't fucking do a thing but sit here. I am so pissed. I mean I know being there isn't really doing anything, but at least I can see her and tell her again that I love her and to thank her for being the wonderful mom and grandmother that she is. It's so fucking hard.
My dad is so strong and won't ask for help. He told me not to worry about coming up but I want to be there. Damn it!
Please God, make her well ASAP, please!
On December 1, 2000 my dad took my mom to the hospital against her will because she was sleeping for days and not eating. Turned out my mom had double viral pnuemonia and the outlook was not good. She was admitted into ICU and put into a drug induced coma so her body could rest and fight off the infection. It was horrid seeing my mom like that. My dad, aunt, 8 siblings and myself spent many nights at the hospital sitting by her side. At one point a Priest was called in because we feared this was it. I remember that my DH and I were dating at the time and I called him in a panick and told him it was not good and I needed him. Somehow he found us in a conference room, holding hands and praying. My wonderful DH joined me at my side and it was that moment I knew I loved him. The doctors came in and told us her stats were going up but she was not out of the woods. We continued to pray. Mom pulled through and came home on Christmas Eve. It was the best Christmas ever. My family is stronger because of this.
Last night I got the call. Dad went behind mom's back and called the doctor because mom was not acting right. He was instructed to get her to the ER. The admitted her for pneumonia...in one lung and very bad. They do not know if it is viral or bacterial yet. I am scared. I am sad. There is absolutely nothing I can do but sit and pray. I am sick myself and can't go near the hospital and this is tearing me up inside. I long to sit by my parents and hold their hands. I can't fucking do a thing but sit here. I am so pissed. I mean I know being there isn't really doing anything, but at least I can see her and tell her again that I love her and to thank her for being the wonderful mom and grandmother that she is. It's so fucking hard.
My dad is so strong and won't ask for help. He told me not to worry about coming up but I want to be there. Damn it!
Please God, make her well ASAP, please!

2 Comments:
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Jen,
((hugs)) I'm sending lots prayers to you and your family.
Post a Comment
<< Home