Thinking of you Mom
My Mom had a bump/mass on her arm removed about 2 weeks ago and it came back as cancerous. She goes in this morning for the procedure to remove it. My dad had it done a few months back and luckily his was only 1 layer deep. I am hoping and praying that Mom's is the same but I get scared b/c her spot is totally different than dad's. She didn't tell me much so I am wondering if her's was the same type as Dad's or the next stage. She does that. She won't tell you everything.
We had a great weekend this past weekend. My mom, 4 of my 5 sisters, 6 of my nieces and 1 great niece and 1 great nephew and myself all went to an outlet mall. It is about 2.5 hrs away and we stayed 2 nights. Mom was amazing! She never complained once! Even when I was pushing her down the hill and nearly lost her...yes you read that right! OMG we got going so fast I panicked and she threw on her brake and I about died. I told her she needs a seat belt and helmet if I was driving. She laughed it off. It was funny but I really truly hope she did not feel she was a burden. I enjoyed being w/her and pushing her...downhill I did NOT enjoy but still I wouldn't trade it for anything! I had her Sat. morning and then 2 of my other sisters took her around lunch time. She was walking a bit more in the hotel room and I loved seeing that. While we were gone my dad made her a new wheelchair ramp at the house. I was glad he got some time to himself...he deserves it!
I was accused of mothering my Mom a bit too much but I hope she knows it was out of love. I didn't like leaving her alone and was afraid when she had to use the bathroom...I fear her falling. She sat outside one store w/the 2 youngest kids and they were in a double stroller. We were all in The Children's Place and it was a mad house! She sent my one niece in to tell us "I am ready to go or bring me inside!". Yikes! We made our purchases rather quickly after that!
All in all it was a great weekend and I think Mom is looking forward to next year...I know I am. I'm praying for you today Mom, I hope it goes smoothly and is pain free! I love you!
We had a great weekend this past weekend. My mom, 4 of my 5 sisters, 6 of my nieces and 1 great niece and 1 great nephew and myself all went to an outlet mall. It is about 2.5 hrs away and we stayed 2 nights. Mom was amazing! She never complained once! Even when I was pushing her down the hill and nearly lost her...yes you read that right! OMG we got going so fast I panicked and she threw on her brake and I about died. I told her she needs a seat belt and helmet if I was driving. She laughed it off. It was funny but I really truly hope she did not feel she was a burden. I enjoyed being w/her and pushing her...downhill I did NOT enjoy but still I wouldn't trade it for anything! I had her Sat. morning and then 2 of my other sisters took her around lunch time. She was walking a bit more in the hotel room and I loved seeing that. While we were gone my dad made her a new wheelchair ramp at the house. I was glad he got some time to himself...he deserves it!
I was accused of mothering my Mom a bit too much but I hope she knows it was out of love. I didn't like leaving her alone and was afraid when she had to use the bathroom...I fear her falling. She sat outside one store w/the 2 youngest kids and they were in a double stroller. We were all in The Children's Place and it was a mad house! She sent my one niece in to tell us "I am ready to go or bring me inside!". Yikes! We made our purchases rather quickly after that!
All in all it was a great weekend and I think Mom is looking forward to next year...I know I am. I'm praying for you today Mom, I hope it goes smoothly and is pain free! I love you!

1 Comments:
(((((HUGS)))))
Post a Comment
<< Home