Popcorn balls
I remember growing up that there were not many kids in my neighborhood. Since I was the youngest of 9, all the neighbors kids were older like my older siblings and I was youngster on the block. I would go from neighbor to neighbor like a stray dog visiting. I loved the one on one attention.
We had some good neighbors and many we still keep in touch with. Mrs. S. was called grandma. She was the oldest lady on the block (well ok, we did not have a block it was a very LONG road) and her kids lived about a mile down the road and her grandkids were my age and went to school w/me. This street had BIG families!
Every year for Halloween we would go trick or treating and Mrs. S lived across the street from us. She would give away homemade popcorn balls! OMG they were to die for! She was so sweet. She also had a garden and would give me some tomatoes when I went to visit. She was a dear sweet woman.
Well I found out tonight that Mrs. S passed away while undergoing hip surgery. My heart breaks. She was in her 90s and outlived 2 of her kids and 1 of her great grandsons.
Mrs. S, you were truly amazing and I remember when you use to babysit me and my sister. You and Mr. S were so good to us. I remember coloring w/you and of course I even helped you make popcorn balls 1 year! I am sorry you had to leave us but I know you are in a much better place with your family that went on before you. When you see my friends and family, please tell them hi for me. I hope you can make your famous popcorn balls while you are in heaven and share them with everyone. You will be missed by so many. Goodbye for now and know I love you!
We had some good neighbors and many we still keep in touch with. Mrs. S. was called grandma. She was the oldest lady on the block (well ok, we did not have a block it was a very LONG road) and her kids lived about a mile down the road and her grandkids were my age and went to school w/me. This street had BIG families!
Every year for Halloween we would go trick or treating and Mrs. S lived across the street from us. She would give away homemade popcorn balls! OMG they were to die for! She was so sweet. She also had a garden and would give me some tomatoes when I went to visit. She was a dear sweet woman.
Well I found out tonight that Mrs. S passed away while undergoing hip surgery. My heart breaks. She was in her 90s and outlived 2 of her kids and 1 of her great grandsons.
Mrs. S, you were truly amazing and I remember when you use to babysit me and my sister. You and Mr. S were so good to us. I remember coloring w/you and of course I even helped you make popcorn balls 1 year! I am sorry you had to leave us but I know you are in a much better place with your family that went on before you. When you see my friends and family, please tell them hi for me. I hope you can make your famous popcorn balls while you are in heaven and share them with everyone. You will be missed by so many. Goodbye for now and know I love you!

3 Comments:
((((Jelly)))) I'm so sorry about Mrs. S.
((((HUGS))))) sorry to hear about Mrs S Jelly
I'm so sorry. (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment
<< Home