Sunday, August 27, 2006

About to go insane...

I swear I need someone to come and pull this child's head out of my ass! I mean ok, yes I did find out he has an ear infection and if my MIL asks me any more questions, "why would he get an ear infection? What caused it? I hear if you blow smoke in the ear it cures it? Try giving him dimetapp for his fever?" I may go postal! I mean seriously woman, blow smoke in his ear? WTF? NO thanks. And as far as I know, someone correct me if you differently, dimetapp is not a fever reducer! Ok well maybe it is but it says to ask a doctor if the child is under 6 and my pedi said Motrin so I stick to Motrin. So there! It was like she was trying to ask what I did to cause him to get an ear infection. Um Hello...kids get them all the time!!! But I can at least email her this:

Protect your child from second-hand tobacco smoke. Passive smoking increases the frequency and severity of infections. Be sure no one smokes in your home or at day care.

As for the cost, well it can be anything. It can be his teething that is causing drainage or it can be this crazy weather but whatever. She also was insisting I ask about tubes...Ok first off b/c your other obnoxious grandchild had to get tubes b/c her mom neglects to give her her medicine does not mean that b/c my son gets his first major ear infection (had the start of one once b/f) does not mean he needs tubes. OMG back off! I do truly love my MIL but b/c I have a child stuck up my ass, I don't like anyone at this time!

I know he doesn't feel good and doesn't want much to do w/DH and I can udnerstand that b/c I really don't want much to do with him either but I NEED A BREAK! I think we finally got the fever to go away today but he still felt warm at bedtime. I dunno. I give up. He can stay up my in my ass if he lets me sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

((((Jelly and JD)))) I'm sorry JD has an ear infection. And I'm sorry it's driving you crazy. I get the same way when Jack is too clingy.

Hang in there Mommy! He should start to feel better in the next day or so.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

(((hugs))) Logan is just getting over an ear infection too. I hope JD's fever breaks and he feels better soon!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter