Oh what a night!
If you are in for a funny possibly boring story, grab a drink and snack and sit back...
So Wednesday Jason goes to work and stays the night at our place in the country. That's fine, I can handle this. We settle in for dinner, a bath and get ready for bed just before the severe thunderstorms strike...or so I thought! Wrong!!! Well as we were reading our bedtime story the power goes out. Normally this is no big deal but it was 94 degree w/heat index of 113. Yes hot, humid and very sticky and now dark! JD refused to sleep as he was intrigued by all this. I try to find the phone to call DH, um when all you have are cordless phones...they do NOT work in a power outage! DUH!
So I find a mini mag lite and a few candles and my TrakFone...oh it only has 40 min left. Nice! All I can think of are those horror movies where the women does stupid shit and gets herself killed. Well I am making a long list of the similarities here. JD is standing at the kitchen window watching the 60 mph winds...dumb mom! But hey it is cool! The patio swing and MANY branches go flying off the porch. The sky was a very eery yellow/green color and the lightening was fearce.
I get a hold of DH in his single wide OLD trailer. Nice. many trees are by him. Oh boy. No storm yet.
830pm we got outside. JD runs down the street talking to neighbors. 9pm we go for a ride. it is dark dark dark. JD falls asleep. 930pm home and JD is asleep on the futon in the basement, dogs are inside, I am ready for some hot sweaty sleep. As sleep comes the dog freaks out upstairs. UM, is it a burglar? Well in the horror movies the ditz goes outside, not me, I just peak out the window. Neighbors playing basketball. It's cool. 30 min later dog freaks again. After this happening 3 times, I learn to ignore it.
500,000 people are w/o power! At 130am my power comes on and I run upstairs to my room. JD is up at 430 am...thanks kid! I take him to my sisters at 630am...she now has NO power! Shit! I go to work...no power but we can't go home. We sit in the hot dark office for 2 hrs then go home. A building fell down and debris landed on a bridge. Trees and power lines were down everywhere. Busch Stadium was hit w/the big winds during a game...nice! The metrolink shut down and so many people use that for the game, they had to do shuttles. It is insane.
It is funny how many things are effected by this lack of water and electricity. Heck Wal-mart was even closed!
JD and I survived the night and his dr. appt ... they had no power either and it was awful. Ok, so my story wasn't so funny but it is just crazy. We are in for more storms tonight...oh joy!
So Wednesday Jason goes to work and stays the night at our place in the country. That's fine, I can handle this. We settle in for dinner, a bath and get ready for bed just before the severe thunderstorms strike...or so I thought! Wrong!!! Well as we were reading our bedtime story the power goes out. Normally this is no big deal but it was 94 degree w/heat index of 113. Yes hot, humid and very sticky and now dark! JD refused to sleep as he was intrigued by all this. I try to find the phone to call DH, um when all you have are cordless phones...they do NOT work in a power outage! DUH!
So I find a mini mag lite and a few candles and my TrakFone...oh it only has 40 min left. Nice! All I can think of are those horror movies where the women does stupid shit and gets herself killed. Well I am making a long list of the similarities here. JD is standing at the kitchen window watching the 60 mph winds...dumb mom! But hey it is cool! The patio swing and MANY branches go flying off the porch. The sky was a very eery yellow/green color and the lightening was fearce.
I get a hold of DH in his single wide OLD trailer. Nice. many trees are by him. Oh boy. No storm yet.
830pm we got outside. JD runs down the street talking to neighbors. 9pm we go for a ride. it is dark dark dark. JD falls asleep. 930pm home and JD is asleep on the futon in the basement, dogs are inside, I am ready for some hot sweaty sleep. As sleep comes the dog freaks out upstairs. UM, is it a burglar? Well in the horror movies the ditz goes outside, not me, I just peak out the window. Neighbors playing basketball. It's cool. 30 min later dog freaks again. After this happening 3 times, I learn to ignore it.
500,000 people are w/o power! At 130am my power comes on and I run upstairs to my room. JD is up at 430 am...thanks kid! I take him to my sisters at 630am...she now has NO power! Shit! I go to work...no power but we can't go home. We sit in the hot dark office for 2 hrs then go home. A building fell down and debris landed on a bridge. Trees and power lines were down everywhere. Busch Stadium was hit w/the big winds during a game...nice! The metrolink shut down and so many people use that for the game, they had to do shuttles. It is insane.
It is funny how many things are effected by this lack of water and electricity. Heck Wal-mart was even closed!
JD and I survived the night and his dr. appt ... they had no power either and it was awful. Ok, so my story wasn't so funny but it is just crazy. We are in for more storms tonight...oh joy!

2 Comments:
I'm glad it's over and you're safe and sound.
Im glad your all safe and sound!!! Sounds like a rough night ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home