Have you been "saved"?
I had to make a separate post here b/c you see whenever I go to a visitation w/my dear sister that I love w/all my heart, we always have the great discussion of GOD!
Let's see we were raised Catholic, went to church every Sunday and PSR classes. I never liked or disliked either one but did find the church a bit boring but was proud of myself whenever I went and loved that feeling. My mom always told me that it didn't matter what church I went to but as long as I believed in God. Um, why wouldn't I...hello you raised me w/faith! I always believed in God. I maybe never understood everything but God was there in my life. I prayed as I laid in bed and had many many conversations with God. I asked for a pony and thankfully, he did not answer that prayer...nor did he give me a baby sister...hmm.
So each of my siblings walked away w/different feelings on the Catholic church. I personally feel at home there but do not practice being a catholic simply b/c I do not like organized religions. God and I have a good relationship and we still "talk" daily. I don't ask for a baby sister or a pony anymore but I thank him for all I have or I scold him for allowing one of my friends to suffer. He takes it pretty well.
My sis claims she never "found" God until about 6 years ago. Hmm, I never knew he was lost! I tell her that and she says maybe I was "saved" when I was younger. I asked her tonight why she felt I was saved when I always had God and Jesus in my heart. She claims you have to be and she wants me to go on some retreat ... no thanks! I'm not discussing my beliefs b/c they are my beliefs and they are private!!! That makes her mad when I say that.
See I believe that good people do go to heaven but she claims that being good is not enough...you must verbally accept Jesus as our savior...oh and you now this how? This is where we argue. I do not like people speculating if I am going to heaven our not b/c well it is none of their business nor do they have the right to question/judge others b/c you have no idea what goes on btwn someone and God. Do I believe in Heaven and Hell? Well let me see, I believe that good people go to a place where they are reunited w/their deceased family and friends and the not so good people are not welcomed there. She claims if you care about someone, you want to know where they are going. I said No I just hope we all go to the same place and if not, well then I guess they fucked up pretty bad and are hating life down there.
I don't have the energy for this debate. I don't like to openly discuss God and for some reason I allow her to make me feel guilty for this and doubt myself...see why I don't think this shit should be discussed? Let me live my life w/God and leave it at that!
'Nuff said.
Let's see we were raised Catholic, went to church every Sunday and PSR classes. I never liked or disliked either one but did find the church a bit boring but was proud of myself whenever I went and loved that feeling. My mom always told me that it didn't matter what church I went to but as long as I believed in God. Um, why wouldn't I...hello you raised me w/faith! I always believed in God. I maybe never understood everything but God was there in my life. I prayed as I laid in bed and had many many conversations with God. I asked for a pony and thankfully, he did not answer that prayer...nor did he give me a baby sister...hmm.
So each of my siblings walked away w/different feelings on the Catholic church. I personally feel at home there but do not practice being a catholic simply b/c I do not like organized religions. God and I have a good relationship and we still "talk" daily. I don't ask for a baby sister or a pony anymore but I thank him for all I have or I scold him for allowing one of my friends to suffer. He takes it pretty well.
My sis claims she never "found" God until about 6 years ago. Hmm, I never knew he was lost! I tell her that and she says maybe I was "saved" when I was younger. I asked her tonight why she felt I was saved when I always had God and Jesus in my heart. She claims you have to be and she wants me to go on some retreat ... no thanks! I'm not discussing my beliefs b/c they are my beliefs and they are private!!! That makes her mad when I say that.
See I believe that good people do go to heaven but she claims that being good is not enough...you must verbally accept Jesus as our savior...oh and you now this how? This is where we argue. I do not like people speculating if I am going to heaven our not b/c well it is none of their business nor do they have the right to question/judge others b/c you have no idea what goes on btwn someone and God. Do I believe in Heaven and Hell? Well let me see, I believe that good people go to a place where they are reunited w/their deceased family and friends and the not so good people are not welcomed there. She claims if you care about someone, you want to know where they are going. I said No I just hope we all go to the same place and if not, well then I guess they fucked up pretty bad and are hating life down there.
I don't have the energy for this debate. I don't like to openly discuss God and for some reason I allow her to make me feel guilty for this and doubt myself...see why I don't think this shit should be discussed? Let me live my life w/God and leave it at that!
'Nuff said.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home