Thinking of you Dad...
Today my dad has his CT scan. Yesterday he seemed a bit off. I think the stress of his health and Mom's health are weighing on him. My generally happy dad was still happy just seemed a little down.
My nephew K, the one with the drug problems but is doing rather well in this rehab, stayed pretty late w/me and entertained my dad by catching a ground hog. It was quite a site! No worries, said ground hog was captured and released in the park after we fed him. I think he will be back! Dad got a chuckle out of that.
Mom was in a great mood and seems prepared for her surgery on Friday. I did all the dishes, swept and mopped the floor so that was less Dad had to do. My sister D is going to sit w/mom this morning while dad has his CT scan. I wonder how long it takes for the results? I feel sick to my stomach and want to cry. I keep telling myself it will be ok, but how many other people felt it would be ok and it wasn't? How much good luck can one family have? I mean out of 9 kids and 29 grandkids, we are all still here and healthy. Doesn't that luck have to run out sometime?
I gave my Dad a photoalbum with pictures of him and JD. OMW he loved it. He chuckled quite a bit and said "this is great" and made sure he showed it off to everyone that came thru the door. I'm glad we made him smile.
Well if you can spare a prayer or positive thought, please send it to my Dad and that he has a CT scan that shows nothing!! Thanks!
My nephew K, the one with the drug problems but is doing rather well in this rehab, stayed pretty late w/me and entertained my dad by catching a ground hog. It was quite a site! No worries, said ground hog was captured and released in the park after we fed him. I think he will be back! Dad got a chuckle out of that.
Mom was in a great mood and seems prepared for her surgery on Friday. I did all the dishes, swept and mopped the floor so that was less Dad had to do. My sister D is going to sit w/mom this morning while dad has his CT scan. I wonder how long it takes for the results? I feel sick to my stomach and want to cry. I keep telling myself it will be ok, but how many other people felt it would be ok and it wasn't? How much good luck can one family have? I mean out of 9 kids and 29 grandkids, we are all still here and healthy. Doesn't that luck have to run out sometime?
I gave my Dad a photoalbum with pictures of him and JD. OMW he loved it. He chuckled quite a bit and said "this is great" and made sure he showed it off to everyone that came thru the door. I'm glad we made him smile.
Well if you can spare a prayer or positive thought, please send it to my Dad and that he has a CT scan that shows nothing!! Thanks!

2 Comments:
Tons of P&PT for your Dad and your Moms surgery!!! keep us posted
I hope everything went OK. (((hugs))) and prayers to you and your family.
Post a Comment
<< Home