Maybe it will be ok...
My brother has been married to my P(psycho)SIL for about 16 years now and they dated for about 5 years before that. I tried so many times to like PSIL and my dad always encouraged me to keep trying. She has done so many rotten things to my family and my parents and my bro allowed her to. I finally gave up. She had an alochol and drug problem but knew that when she was clean, she wasn't so bad. At Christmas I decided to give her another chance when I found out she was pregnant. She is 39 and preg w/their first child. My bro is ecstatic and I am thrilled for him. This pregnancy encouraged her to come back around after hiding from us for 2 years (even though she lives next door to my parents!).
I took this as a sign to open my heart again to them. If my parents could forgive them, then so could I. To see my mom's face light up when my bro comes around, is all the nudging I needed. I am still leary but I can forgive them and maybe one day, forget. We'll see.
So K's baby boy is due on July 15th but she is having a c-section on 6/28. I asked her why and she said b/c she had many m/c (I suspect due to drug use and psychotic behavior) and b/c she was old. Hmm, I hadn't quite heard of that but that is fine and none of my business. I am so surprised by K's openness now. I mean she comes to birthday and grad parties like she never did b/f! She talks to people and is kind! She sent me a thank you card for a baby gift and wrote the sweetest message in it. I am in awe by the changes she is making. Wow! I know when I first found out she was pregnant I was a bit mad b/c I knew what she had done to her body a few years back but I figured that she knew what she was getting into and maybe just maybe this sweet boy will be what she needs and I pray he is healthy.
My one sister went off (not to my bro and SIL) when she found out and I simply told her, "Many women who do it all right do not have healthy babies, and vice versa. It is all a matter of luck, good or bad.". I was upset that K was pregnant but again, it was none of my business.
Now I see K reaching out to my son and other kids like never b/f. I mean the kids always loved her but she kept herself closed. Her mom is a twit and I don't think K got the love she deserved. I'm not making excuses just trying to understand her. I think my family threw her off b/c we accept and love anyone and it can be a bit overwhelming!
Yesterday my brother and JD played together. It was so sweet. My brother LOVES kids and wants the wee ones to like him but JD doesn't see him a lot. Anyway, he gave him a koolaid bottle (you know the kind you buy in the store prefilled, not a baby bottle) and I told him JD never had one but C insisted JD could do this. Well he did. Then C says, "Oh do you need to burp now?" I laughed and said, "He doesn't need to be burped anymore" but C insisted on trying to burp my 18 month old son! LOL It was so cute. I wish I had taken a picture.
C will be a great daddy. I am so happy for him. I think K will do okay too. I think baby Charlie will be great for the 2 of them and he will be loved so much! Charlie I can't wait to meet you...just convince your mom that a newborn does need diapers! Yes, she wants to do that whole diaperless thing. OMW she is a trip!!!
I took this as a sign to open my heart again to them. If my parents could forgive them, then so could I. To see my mom's face light up when my bro comes around, is all the nudging I needed. I am still leary but I can forgive them and maybe one day, forget. We'll see.
So K's baby boy is due on July 15th but she is having a c-section on 6/28. I asked her why and she said b/c she had many m/c (I suspect due to drug use and psychotic behavior) and b/c she was old. Hmm, I hadn't quite heard of that but that is fine and none of my business. I am so surprised by K's openness now. I mean she comes to birthday and grad parties like she never did b/f! She talks to people and is kind! She sent me a thank you card for a baby gift and wrote the sweetest message in it. I am in awe by the changes she is making. Wow! I know when I first found out she was pregnant I was a bit mad b/c I knew what she had done to her body a few years back but I figured that she knew what she was getting into and maybe just maybe this sweet boy will be what she needs and I pray he is healthy.
My one sister went off (not to my bro and SIL) when she found out and I simply told her, "Many women who do it all right do not have healthy babies, and vice versa. It is all a matter of luck, good or bad.". I was upset that K was pregnant but again, it was none of my business.
Now I see K reaching out to my son and other kids like never b/f. I mean the kids always loved her but she kept herself closed. Her mom is a twit and I don't think K got the love she deserved. I'm not making excuses just trying to understand her. I think my family threw her off b/c we accept and love anyone and it can be a bit overwhelming!
Yesterday my brother and JD played together. It was so sweet. My brother LOVES kids and wants the wee ones to like him but JD doesn't see him a lot. Anyway, he gave him a koolaid bottle (you know the kind you buy in the store prefilled, not a baby bottle) and I told him JD never had one but C insisted JD could do this. Well he did. Then C says, "Oh do you need to burp now?" I laughed and said, "He doesn't need to be burped anymore" but C insisted on trying to burp my 18 month old son! LOL It was so cute. I wish I had taken a picture.
C will be a great daddy. I am so happy for him. I think K will do okay too. I think baby Charlie will be great for the 2 of them and he will be loved so much! Charlie I can't wait to meet you...just convince your mom that a newborn does need diapers! Yes, she wants to do that whole diaperless thing. OMW she is a trip!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home