The mask of a mother...
So I was lurking on some other boards and saw this woman post a message regarding how she couldn't keep up w/the mask of motherhood (in so many words). I was a bit confused and then she listed things that she did that some mother's frowned upon and maybe made her a not so perfect Mom but more of real mom! I say kudo's to her! Here are the "not so motherly" things that I do:
- While preg I drank diet soda AND some coffee!
- I have yelled at my son a few times
- I gave him tylenol once in hopes that he would sleep a bit longer...fyi - it did NOT work!
- I try to plan meals but we will eat fast food one night a week...yes he knows what McDonalds is!
- I swore he would NEVER sleep in my bed but he does
- This mommy gig is the fucking hardest job I've ever had! Somedays I do wonder what I have done to myself but then I get a "Big hug" from my little monster and I know what I have done and don't regret it one bit!
- yes, I do want to run away and hide and those mommies that make this job seem like it is the best thing in the whole world and never complain are in DENIAL!!! Yes, it is a great job and I would not trade it for anything but it is not easy and not a walk in the park.
- My son mimicks my every move and that scares the hell out of me! I am not perfect but he still is! I can't ruin him!
- Some days I have to wash a load of clothes 3 times b/c I forgot it was in the wash 3 days ago (will be doing that tonight!)
- many many nights, my dishes sit on the counter until the next night b/c I am tired and want to go to bed at 830pm.
- My son has stepped in dog shit b/c I was too lazy to scoop it!
- He has eaten stuff off the floor and shared food w/the dogs.
- My shelves go weeks w/o being dusted as does the TV. Same with vacuuming. And do not even look under my couch or the bed for that matter!
- I'm lucky if my sheets are changed every 10 days!
So you see, I am a real mom. Not a fancy frivilous mom. Just a real mom that works out of the home and loves her son w/all her heart! I love him so much that I am willing to admit my imperfections and teach him that no one is perfect, we just all like to think we are!

2 Comments:
Jelly wow that was great I think I need to go post my faults lol I have a looooong list of "no no's" so I agree were not perfect and we recongize that and that makes us even better ;) Now time to start my list lol
OMG - can i just tell you I told my mom that I was wearing a shirt that was a little 'smelly' because i had left it in the washer overnight, then washed it again, then left it for 2 days while we were gone out of town, then washed it again, but it already had that wet sheep smell to it? So I threw the clothes in the dryer...and had to run that twice because I forgot? LOL You know what - I do stuff that people don't approve of but I don't care. I am not trying to create model citizens who get brown nosing awards, I'm trying to raise boys into men who will care about the important things in life and so are you. :) I always say you gotta do what is best for you and your family and if it's Mickey D's once a week or a cleaning schedule that is not in sync with Merry maids, then so be it! :)*HUGS*
Post a Comment
<< Home