Monday, June 05, 2006

Favorite time of day...

For the longest time I use to think that my favorite time of day was at night when my DH and DS were sound asleep and I could watch my TV shows or catch up online. I loved my "me" time.

However, this morning as I was getting dressed and JD was still asleep (talk about miracles) I felt a bit lonely. Usually he was there hanging on to my leg or jabbering away to me. I missed my little "tumor" as I call him when he is clingy. I snuck into my room where he slept on my bed from about 430am. It was 615 and he was still all stretched out and relaxed. He stirred. I watched. He stretched his long lean body (that is finally filling out), twisted, turned, blinked his eyes and then looked at me. He smiled the biggest smile at me. I crawled in next to him and he grabbed my hand and mumbled his baby talk. He scooted closer to me and laughed.

This is what life is about! As he grabbed my nose and giggled I knew I had everything I ever needed. It is not about how big your home is, how much $ you have, what job you have, life is about this...how much love you have to offer your loved ones. It can be your child, sibling, spouse, parent or friend...there are no rules. We must never lose sight of love. Love is a powerful thing. Grab it and hang on to it with all your strength.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jelly I totally agree with you and feel the exact same way....I love watching the kids whether awake or asleep it truly is magical ;)

5:36 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

This was such a sweet post...I hope you share the memory with JD one day.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter