Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Cut 'em some slack!

Alright so Mom is now confined to her wheelchair as she had her surgery on Friday and all went well. The docs were VERY pleased w/the surgery outcome. She has a cast on her leg and nearly 8 pins and a plate supporting her ankle. As for her feet, well she has charcot foot so her feet are already deformed and weak...this is the reason she broke her ankle so easily. The doc said she has to always wear her support shoes to help protect those bones. She is on Fosomax (sp?) to help the bones fuse together and grow stronger. Dad is really freaked out by this and fears that she is going to yet break her other ankle or fall and break a hip. Mom is in good spirits and seems to be doing well. It will be a long 6-8 wks for her but I intend to do what I can for them. This week I am off to buy her some bing cherries as she made a point of telling me where they were on sale at...hint hint! I can do w/o my starbucks for my Mommy.

As for Dad, oh my poor Dad. He is so exhausted and refuses to ask for help! I went over tonight and he was doing dishes so I traded him JD for the dishes. LOL We all ate some ice cream and then talked. I repeated telling him that I can help out any time. Mom jokes that as long as he leaves water out for his puppy aka mom then he can leave if he needs too. Ah what a love they have! LOL Dad has to get a 2nd CT scan next week. They found a spot on his lung. Apparently he was aware of this spot and told it was nothing to worry about but this new doc is not so sure. Oh brother! I have had stomach issues for 3 days now. I am so crabby and crying at everything. I want dad to accept our help dammit! I told mom that I am off all next week and I will come over and Dad can go out on his John boat w/his friend and I will stay w/her. I told her that one evening we can order out some dinner from a restaurant...they use to eat out EVERY Friday and I know mom misses that. Damn where is that money tree I ordered? I swear if I were to win the lottery, I would spoil my parents.

I offered to take mom to her follow up appt next Thursday but dad says he can do it. I worry about him helping her into the car...she is not a small gal. I hate having to worry about this shit. My 3 other sisters are being helpful but I don't want to dump it all on them. I'm scared, mad, sad and feel so helpless. I snap at Jason all the time lately. UGH!!!

Some good news, PSIL is going to be induced (or "they are going to introduce pain as dad says) tomorrow. She is having labor pains now so maybe baby C will be here soon!!! I pray all goes well for both of them. My brother is just over the moon. Dad needs this and so does mom. Good news will do us all some good!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sweetie seems like alot is going on but Im glad to here your Mom's surgery went well and hopefully the meds will help. Sounds like your Dad is trying to do it all and its wearing on him, men are like that they dont want to seem weak or ask for help...my Dad is the same!!! I will pray they both continue to do well and I also hope the spot on your Dad's lung turns out to be nothing!!! Keep us posted on that. GL with your PSIL I hope she delivers quick and pain free if possible and hope baby arrives safetly and healthy, again keep us posted ;) Tons of hugs sounds like your a great help but dont let it wear on you, remember your family needs you to and dont leave Jason out Im sure he will help just ask him what you need him to do...I have been where you are and no how it can be your stressed about family and dont talk about it and just blow up on everyone were all human....

8:48 PM  
Blogger Doodle - said...

I am sorry that Mom and Pop aren't doing well. I think you are soooo right, a new baby will brighten everyone's day! Let us know when you become an auntie!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

(((((Jelly))))) I know it's frustrating when they say "I can do it" but keep offering. Sometimes I would just have to show up at my grandmothers in order for her to take a break from caring for my grandpa.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter