Random thoughts
So I sit here today with a deadline that I must meet at work (by COB tomorrow) and I am nearly there but it is a boring task. Since it is so boring my mind fills w/random useless thoughts. For the most part I make mental to do lists...laundry, dishes, whats for dinner, hallmark for cards and the such. But 70% of the time I think about people and things that annoy me or puzzle me.
For example, my son...why does he love me so much? Why did he choose me? I mean he really loves me and a lot! This amazes me. He sees me and runs to me and says, "mom mom mom" and I melt. I know how fucking lucky I am and I wonder what I did to deserve all of this! All my life I dreamed of being a mom and feared I never would and look at what I have now! Wow! I also feared my parents would never see me married or see my children...check...2 things done! :-) I wonder if when JD is 30 w/his own kids if I will still look at him w/that amazement and love and want to scoop him up and kiss him all over? I wonder if my mom still looks at me w/that same love?
We don't visit my parents much and that is my fault. They live 10 min from us for 6 months of the year. I want JD to know them and vice versa. This weekend we spent a long weekend in the country w/my folks, my ILs (came in from AL) and my sister and her family (one of my brother's stopped by too) and it was exhausting yet, we built some good memories. My mom can come off harsh and intimidates people but she means well. She kept trying to get JD to sit by her and he would run. She would reach her hand out to him, "Can't we just be friends?" by the end of the weekend he laughed at her and shook her hand. I ask him where grandma is and he looks at her and smiles. I ask where papa is and he looks at my dad and smiles. I love it!
He did warm up to my dad and allowed him to take him for a ride on the golf cart:

For example, my son...why does he love me so much? Why did he choose me? I mean he really loves me and a lot! This amazes me. He sees me and runs to me and says, "mom mom mom" and I melt. I know how fucking lucky I am and I wonder what I did to deserve all of this! All my life I dreamed of being a mom and feared I never would and look at what I have now! Wow! I also feared my parents would never see me married or see my children...check...2 things done! :-) I wonder if when JD is 30 w/his own kids if I will still look at him w/that amazement and love and want to scoop him up and kiss him all over? I wonder if my mom still looks at me w/that same love?
We don't visit my parents much and that is my fault. They live 10 min from us for 6 months of the year. I want JD to know them and vice versa. This weekend we spent a long weekend in the country w/my folks, my ILs (came in from AL) and my sister and her family (one of my brother's stopped by too) and it was exhausting yet, we built some good memories. My mom can come off harsh and intimidates people but she means well. She kept trying to get JD to sit by her and he would run. She would reach her hand out to him, "Can't we just be friends?" by the end of the weekend he laughed at her and shook her hand. I ask him where grandma is and he looks at her and smiles. I ask where papa is and he looks at my dad and smiles. I love it!
He did warm up to my dad and allowed him to take him for a ride on the golf cart:
I love that pic! I love my Daddy's smile...he is a wonderful caring man! I think I will frame this for him for Father's day. The best part, by the time we left Monday morning, JD was kissing is Mama and Papa!!! I loved it!
See I get a little free time aka boredom and I get all sappy!

2 Comments:
Thats a great picture. Its so neat seeing relationships develop between our kids and our parents, isnt it?
What a great picture so sweet and it is wonderful when our children have a magical relationship with our families I love watching my Dad with my kids too its amazing!!! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful memory :)
Post a Comment
<< Home