Neighbors
I often wondered if I was the strange neighbor. Well, I confirmed today at lunch that I most certainly am not!
Let me give a bit of background...I live in a quiet small suburb of a bigger county. All the homes are over 50 years old and it is middle class area...maybe a bit on the lower end. Most homes are 2bd 1ba and many many folks are the original owners of the home or family of the original owners...get my drift...lots of old people! :-) I bought my house from my BIL's father. So I am the second house, the first house is a single man, he is an engineer and not friendly at all but not rude. Doesn't speak nor does he pull his blinds/curtains down so we can see in his house at all times! Therefore, he is called "light bright" (LB). LB has 3 or 4 cats and can often be seen grooming them in his basement. Hmmm.
On the other side of me is a vacant home...nice! Next to that is the busybody whom I love! She is full of wonderful gossip and always has a kind word for me and my family. Now, next to her is the gal we call "Crazy Jane!". Is CJ really crazy? I don't know but today has made me believe even more she may be! CJ is about 50ish, tall and thin. I have seen her on several ocassions doing yoga in her front or back yard. CJ usually wears a sports bra and those biker shorts...nice huh? Well CJ lives w/a man and at one time a woman in a wheel chair. Once in a while the woman would be sitting in her front yard in the chair w/no one around. I often wondered if they at least put sunscreen on her and gave her water! Geez. I believe this woman has since passed on.
Well today I run home at lunch and what do I see? CJ's boyfriend, and he is not so easy on the eyes, laying in the front yard on a towel in what could technically be a speedo! Yes, I said that right. It is like 71 degrees and windy as all get out and not to mention it has rained for like 2 weeks off and on and I know the ground is wet. I nearly PALWL when I saw this! I decided I needed a closer look. So I drive by on my way back to work...yes, this man is laying out! His bald spot was VERY red!
I need to call my husband and tell him we are NOT the craziest folks on the block! Phew! I feel better now.
Let me give a bit of background...I live in a quiet small suburb of a bigger county. All the homes are over 50 years old and it is middle class area...maybe a bit on the lower end. Most homes are 2bd 1ba and many many folks are the original owners of the home or family of the original owners...get my drift...lots of old people! :-) I bought my house from my BIL's father. So I am the second house, the first house is a single man, he is an engineer and not friendly at all but not rude. Doesn't speak nor does he pull his blinds/curtains down so we can see in his house at all times! Therefore, he is called "light bright" (LB). LB has 3 or 4 cats and can often be seen grooming them in his basement. Hmmm.
On the other side of me is a vacant home...nice! Next to that is the busybody whom I love! She is full of wonderful gossip and always has a kind word for me and my family. Now, next to her is the gal we call "Crazy Jane!". Is CJ really crazy? I don't know but today has made me believe even more she may be! CJ is about 50ish, tall and thin. I have seen her on several ocassions doing yoga in her front or back yard. CJ usually wears a sports bra and those biker shorts...nice huh? Well CJ lives w/a man and at one time a woman in a wheel chair. Once in a while the woman would be sitting in her front yard in the chair w/no one around. I often wondered if they at least put sunscreen on her and gave her water! Geez. I believe this woman has since passed on.
Well today I run home at lunch and what do I see? CJ's boyfriend, and he is not so easy on the eyes, laying in the front yard on a towel in what could technically be a speedo! Yes, I said that right. It is like 71 degrees and windy as all get out and not to mention it has rained for like 2 weeks off and on and I know the ground is wet. I nearly PALWL when I saw this! I decided I needed a closer look. So I drive by on my way back to work...yes, this man is laying out! His bald spot was VERY red!
I need to call my husband and tell him we are NOT the craziest folks on the block! Phew! I feel better now.

1 Comments:
But where are the pictures!?
Thank heavens for not being the craziest on the block.
Post a Comment
<< Home