Friday, April 07, 2006

Storms and more stroms

I can remember being like 4 years old and a tornado came thru where we lived. The front awning on our house ended up in the tree in the back yard. Dad was sleeping and Mom and my sister D were both awake and I sat frozen on the couch crying and praying it wouldn't kill us. To this day, I fear storms that take place in March and April. My mom blames it on the fact that I love the movie, The Wizard of Oz. Hmmm, I wasn't afraid of flying monkey's, just tornados.

Yet, I remember many storms we had and many times crying to my dad that I didn't want to die. My dad would remain calm (and ever so patient) and say, "God protected me my whole life and he will protect you." and then distract me with a magazine or book. To this day, those words comfort me in the spring storms we get in Missouri.

In the past 2 weeks the midwest has been hit with some bad storms and tornados (we have warnings out as I type). Today at work I feared one would strike at work and I'd die in what I considered my own little cubicle in hell. Wouldn't that be funny? No really, it would. However, I don't want to die that way...I'd rather die in the banana cream pie blizzard from DQ that I just ate. Now that would be fun..."Woman is suffocated by DQ blizzard she was eating when a tornado hit her home." I would be remembered for sure then!!!

No wonder I'm obese...LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter