People have some nerve!
So as I mentioned previously my work had a "books for babies" drive. In our cafeteria sits a box of books and to me delight, it has filled up since I made my donations. There is a sign that says what the box is for and by no means does the sign say, "FREE BOOKS". As I sat yesterday eating my lunch w/my coworkers, a crappy old lady limps up to the box. Now this woman has been w/the company for YEARS and she was OLD and CRANKY when I started here 15 years ago. Well in those 15 years she has retired but still temps here during the summer. I see said woman stop in front of the box and read the sign. Crank-ass bends down and picks up a book, tucks it under her arm and walks out!!! HELLO! I was livid. It turns out she didn't care that she was stealing from poor babies but she wanted the "Wizard of Oz" book for her niece! Biatch! When I saw her this morning, I really thought about slapping her! Instead, I think I will bring in one of Jonathan's books tomorrow and donate it to replace her rudeness. SOME PEOPLE!
Oh it gets better...on 4/11 I emailed the car service we use here and asked the guy to make 2 pick ups for my bosses boss. He replied saying, "I got it! On the run and will confirm officially later.". Well since travel arrangements are not my first priority here I assumed that he really "got it" and later confirmation would be my invoice. Monday night as I am brushing my teeth I think to myself, "I sure hope the car shows up for M b/c if not, I'll feel awful!". M arrives in town and says nothing of it and I assume that means all went well...and mind you there is a FREE shuttle from the airport to the hotel. So I email the owner last night and said "I just want to make sure you have Friday's pick up scheduled." and he replies last night, "Sorry Jennifer I forgot. Here is the invoice for Friday.". HELLO! Ok, yes humans make mistakes and at least he wasn't stealing books from babies but still! This is my bosses boss. UGH!
On a good note, I saw a new eye doc in the practice last night for my annual exam. He asked me why my eye was red and I explained about my 2 surgeries for my lazy eye. He said, "If you hadn't told me I would have never known you had had a lazy eye. It looks perfectly normal except for the redness." I truly wanted to kiss this man but since it was the first time I met him, I held off. :-) So this means that the surgery has worked and people aren't looking at me as goofy as they once did (or I think they did). I still see some drooping in pics and mirror and he said, "I think that is more b/c you are tired!". LOL If he only knew how tired I truly was. But, seeing my son everyday makes it all worth it.
I had to end on that good note so I felt better about things. Now, let's see if I still have a job...YIKES!
Oh it gets better...on 4/11 I emailed the car service we use here and asked the guy to make 2 pick ups for my bosses boss. He replied saying, "I got it! On the run and will confirm officially later.". Well since travel arrangements are not my first priority here I assumed that he really "got it" and later confirmation would be my invoice. Monday night as I am brushing my teeth I think to myself, "I sure hope the car shows up for M b/c if not, I'll feel awful!". M arrives in town and says nothing of it and I assume that means all went well...and mind you there is a FREE shuttle from the airport to the hotel. So I email the owner last night and said "I just want to make sure you have Friday's pick up scheduled." and he replies last night, "Sorry Jennifer I forgot. Here is the invoice for Friday.". HELLO! Ok, yes humans make mistakes and at least he wasn't stealing books from babies but still! This is my bosses boss. UGH!
On a good note, I saw a new eye doc in the practice last night for my annual exam. He asked me why my eye was red and I explained about my 2 surgeries for my lazy eye. He said, "If you hadn't told me I would have never known you had had a lazy eye. It looks perfectly normal except for the redness." I truly wanted to kiss this man but since it was the first time I met him, I held off. :-) So this means that the surgery has worked and people aren't looking at me as goofy as they once did (or I think they did). I still see some drooping in pics and mirror and he said, "I think that is more b/c you are tired!". LOL If he only knew how tired I truly was. But, seeing my son everyday makes it all worth it.
I had to end on that good note so I felt better about things. Now, let's see if I still have a job...YIKES!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home