Thursday, March 16, 2006

He's at peace now...

My Uncle J passed away last night. This hit me way harder than I expected. I know I am generally an emotional person and I am always putting myself in other people's shoes and imagining..."what if that was me?". So I tend to get over-emotional and I hate that.

Uncle J was a good man and I loved him. I have regrets and his death has made me face them. I tend to want to reach out to people but when they get sick or sad or suffer a tragedy, I back away. I don't want to be that person. I want to be the person that is there for people no matter what. I just don't know how. I feel like I don't say the right things or I make them feel worse. So instead, I pull away and then I miss out on being there for them, bonding w/them and helping them. How do I change that? How can you tell someone that what happens to them total sucks and you want to make it all go away but you can't! How do I tell them I am afraid of saying the wrong thing, making them hate me or making them feel worse? Gee that sounds like it was all about me doesn't it? Hmmm.

Well Uncle J, I hope you rest in peace. Tell Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt I that I said Hello. Tell the 3 angels that have touched my life so much that their mommies and daddies still love them and miss them. Uncle J, I am going to make you proud. I want to show you that I can change. I will no longer make this about me! I will reach out to my friends in need, even if it is to just hold their hand while they cry. I don't want to be self-centered.

I love you Uncle J and I look forward to celebrating your life on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter