Footprints...
Growing up I remember reading the poem, Footprints for the first time. I also remember seeing it signed, "Author Unknown" and I thought that was a funny name until someone explained it to me. I then said, "If I wrote a poem like this, everyone would know I did it!". I was and still am moved by that poem and it can bring me to tears. It is so beautiful.
This morning we got our first snow of the year...yes, Feb. 8 and it is our first snow of 2006! It is about 36 degrees and the snow is just coming down. It is that good packing snow and it is warm enough to stand out there and watch it w/o freezing your ass off. My son, Little Monster (LM) was so impressed by it. Too bad it was still dark out! I let him run around and man, it was great to see him stop in awe and look at it and touch it. I love looking at things through his sweet innocent eyes...he has taught me a lot!
So I drop him off at the DCPs house and I let him walk in...it is a slow unsteady walk and when I pick him up he screams b/c he loves it outside. I drop him off and in my hurry to get to my car I notice our two sets of footprints. His are so tiny next to mine. I wanted to take a picture b/c I wanted to capture this moment. I watched the snow fall as I drove into work and thought of all the fun we will have as mother and son. All the things I want to show my little LM.
I then stopped for coffee and as I was walking in there was a woman in front of me and she had on some massive heels. Now I am NOT a heel wearer and have never owned a pair but I am thinking, "Um sweetie, wear boots in the snow and carry the heels so you don't fall!". But then I looked down and I saw her footprint. I chucked b/c you would never know it was a footprint. Then she tripped! Don't worry, she caught herself! ;-) Heels and snow DO NOT MIX!
This morning we got our first snow of the year...yes, Feb. 8 and it is our first snow of 2006! It is about 36 degrees and the snow is just coming down. It is that good packing snow and it is warm enough to stand out there and watch it w/o freezing your ass off. My son, Little Monster (LM) was so impressed by it. Too bad it was still dark out! I let him run around and man, it was great to see him stop in awe and look at it and touch it. I love looking at things through his sweet innocent eyes...he has taught me a lot!
So I drop him off at the DCPs house and I let him walk in...it is a slow unsteady walk and when I pick him up he screams b/c he loves it outside. I drop him off and in my hurry to get to my car I notice our two sets of footprints. His are so tiny next to mine. I wanted to take a picture b/c I wanted to capture this moment. I watched the snow fall as I drove into work and thought of all the fun we will have as mother and son. All the things I want to show my little LM.
I then stopped for coffee and as I was walking in there was a woman in front of me and she had on some massive heels. Now I am NOT a heel wearer and have never owned a pair but I am thinking, "Um sweetie, wear boots in the snow and carry the heels so you don't fall!". But then I looked down and I saw her footprint. I chucked b/c you would never know it was a footprint. Then she tripped! Don't worry, she caught herself! ;-) Heels and snow DO NOT MIX!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home